I've had more gass laately and had some painfull wind, ie sore lower abdomen which feels better after breaking wind, do I have a food intollerence?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: On the list of cause

Keep a diet diary, annotated with symptoms, to bring to your doc for the appointment that you need to make, in order to make sure that there is not some other, potentially more serious problem causing this.

In brief: On the list of cause

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Not necessarily...

If you're thinking more of a food allergy.
.. It'd be unusual to suddenly develop one out of the blue. Some foods just cause more gas than others. Also, as we age, some of us may gradually become lactose intolerant, which may be what's happening in your case. A careful food diary is key if it's becoming a big problem. Then try eliminating things one by one starting with dairy. Good luck!

In brief: Not necessarily...

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Marsha Davis