I have graves disease and i got it killed with the radioactive iodine treatment. It was hyper before i got treated so now do I have hypo?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Ask your doctor

They should answer all questions you have about what your thyroid condition was, is and will likely be.
What you need to avoid, expect, etc. The treatment you should be on would be based on regular testing to keep you close to normal - neither hypo or hyper. This follow-up is really part of the treatment you had - please talk to them. Take care and be well.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Gabriel Betancourt

In brief: Yes.

If you're taking synthroid (levothyroxine) now after the procedure, it's because you are now hypothyroid.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Gabriel Betancourt
Dr. Gabriel Betancourt
Dr. Karen Dantin

In brief: Lab

Most people treate with radioactive iodine become hypothyroid.
. You md can tee from blood tests.

In brief: Lab

. You md can tee from blood tests.
Dr. Karen Dantin
Dr. Karen Dantin
Dr. Vicken Poochikian