Hi... I've taken my Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) pill an hour later than usual... Am I still protected?

Dr. Yashica Robinson White

You are still protected if you took your Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) one hour later. It is important for you to remember to take your pill daily.
Taking it at the same time of day as opposed to randomly helps you to make it a habit and decreases the risk of you forgetting.

Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Yashica Robinson White
Dr. Renee Harris

The pill is still effective.
You have at least a day of forgiveness with the pills. The worst time to miss them is early in the pack. Being an hour late is not a problem.

The pill is still effective.
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

If you take your pill each day, regardless of the timing, you will have contraceptive protection.
The importance of consistent timing of the pill each day is to decrease the likelihood of breakthrough bleeding.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham