I have been diagnosed with an amh of 0.1. Do I still have hope of conceiving naturally with dhea or can I do IVF with my own eggs?

Dr. Amr Azim
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Yes and yes
Amh of 0.1 ng/ml indicates low ovarian reserve.
Its prognostic but is not intended to give yes or no answer. You still have hope to conceive with your own eggs. Use of dhea is not supported by strong scientific evidence. You also still have the hope of conceiving with your own oocytes.

In brief: Yes and yes
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Always have a chance
Agree with others.
Amh of 0.1 reflects diminished ovarian reserve (lower egg numbers / quality) but there is no level where no-one gets pregnant (or so high that everyone gets pregnant). You have a chance of conceiving as long as at least one open tube and he has sperm! little evidence that dhea works. Ivf may be an option: day 2/3 FSH level, Clomid (clomiphene) challenge test FSH are a better guide than amh.

In brief: Always have a chance
Agree with others.
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. John Jarrett
Fertility Medicine
In brief: There's a chance
An amh of less that 0.
1 is a worrisome vlaue. This suggests that the number of eggs remaining in the ovaries is very compromised. While you could conceive on your own, ow perhaps with the use of dhea which seems to imrpove ovarian response, you may want to consider trying vf and the associated stimulation to see if a response can be generated.

In brief: There's a chance
An amh of less that 0.
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham