I have a pain directly behind one knee after running - what could it be and what can I do? (i have the pain only after running.)

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Meniscus tear w cyst
The fact that pain only occurs with running is significant.
The considerable forces passing through the knee repetitively with each running step allow the weak spot in a potentially torn meniscus to form a juxtaposed cyst. The cyst can fill rapidly with joint fluid (akin to a bubble gum bubble) from the head of pressure in the knee. It should resolve with rest versus arthroscopic tear debridement.

In brief: Meniscus tear w cyst
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Knee pain post run
Several possibilities.
One common problem is a baker's cyst causing pain in that area. Also tendinitis can cause this kind of pain along with several other problems. You need to see your doctor about this problem.

In brief: Knee pain post run
Several possibilities.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Tonga Nfor