Can there be meningocele in fetus without spina bifida?

Depends. This depends on how you define it. Meningoceles as they are commonly labeled originate anywhere from the neck down to the base of the spine and involve spina bifida. When a meningocele (bag of meninges) arises from the areas above the spine, it is more often labeled an encephalocoel because it usually has brain and meninges in it.
Bone defect. Form of spina bifida, meningocele, spinal fluid and meninges protrude through an abnormal vertebral opening; the malformation contains no neural elements and may or may not be covered by a layer of skin. Some individuals with meningocele may have few or no symptoms while others may experience such symptoms as complete paralysis with bladder and bowel dysfunction.