Have a spiral ankle fracture, just had the cast taken off last week, after 7 weeks , now ankle is bruised, should I see my dr, pain isnt bad?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Follow-up care

Probably not an emergency, as a cast on for 7 weeks, may be the cause of some bruising.
You should make a follow-up evaluation visit with your doctor after the cast is finally off, just to get a follow-up evaluation of your condition/fracture history. Best wishes.

In brief: Follow-up care

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
If skin is black or you are diabetic, would be very concerned, otherwise, did the person who removed your cast see that area or is it a new lesion since removing the cast? If not new, and not diabetic, and not black, would likely be ok. If worsens, go back.
Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not alarming

Bruising after 7 weeks isn't too alarming if the pain is gone.
The bruising should resolve within the next month.

In brief: Not alarming

Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. Blake Miller
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine