I've been experiencing palinopsia for a while now. Neither my neurologist or ophthalmologist could find anything wrong. What can be causing this?

Dr. Neil Notaroberto
Ophthalmology

In brief: Palinopsia treatment

Is based on the cause of the disorder. Palinopsia is commonly seen in connection with diseases, drugs or injuries which affect the brain.
The problem is not generally believed to be one of retinal (eye) dysfunction, but related to some type of brain disorder. Normal after-images (positive and negative) are seen by people with normal vision and are different than those who suffer from palinopsia.

In brief: Palinopsia treatment

Dr. Neil Notaroberto
Dr. Neil Notaroberto

In brief: Localization

Palinopsia is a phenomenon due to a problem linked to focal pathology within the temporal-parietal-occipital region unilaterally.
A pet scan of brain should be able to localize and focalize the process.

In brief: Localization

Dr. Eric Weisman