Does using add medication increase or decrease your future risk for drug addiction?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: I very much doubt it

Ever since strauss-leightnen syndrome was repackaged as add some 40 years ago, Ritalin (methylphenidate) & amphetamines were used with varying success in school children, I am not aware of any convincing evidence for addiction.
Rather , the problem is young adults seeking Adderall or an amphetamine for their well rehearsed litany of subjective difficulties that fit adhd.

In brief: I very much doubt it

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Susan Downs

In brief: Decrease

Persons with add who take medications are less likely to be drug addicted in the future.

In brief: Decrease

Dr. Susan Downs
Dr. Susan Downs
Dr. Eric Weisman