How can you prevent ptsd if the bad event just happened a few hours ago?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Preventing PTSD
The most important thing is to talk with someone you trust about this event & your feelings.
Ideally, this might be a mental health professional. They understand responses to such events, and will be able to listen compassionately and support you as you need. If a crime has been committed against you, you may also need help with police interventions. Please don't bottle this up inside. Be well.

In brief: Preventing PTSD
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Crisis Intervention
I agree with dr. Pappas.
Although outcome studies give mixed reports for cism (crisis intervention counseling) having done this work for years- i believe it can be quite beneficial. Please be aggressive about getting yourself whatever form of support you need to get through this as healthfully as possible.

In brief: Crisis Intervention
I agree with dr. Pappas.
Dr. Jack Hinkle