How common is it not to show signs of an std?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Very common

Up to 3/4 of women and many men are asymptommatic with chlamydia infections and many are also asymptommatic with gonorrhea.
Most people are infected with hpv (80% of all women by age 50) and dont know it. Hsv is fequently asymptommatic. And even HIV has a period of time where a person has absolutely no symptoms.

In brief: Very common

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Some STDs like chanceroid cause painful ulcers and would be difficult to ignore.
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dentistry

In brief: Very Common

People only show signs of most stds when they are in an "active" phase, which is usually not that often.
The life of most stds is mostly in the "dormant" phase. Again, writing in an overall terms, this is the case. There are exceptions (e.g. Genital warts/hpv, etc) which are readily visible. I hope this helps! be careful, many stds are for life.

In brief: Very Common

Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham