My boyfriend said he is clean, should I trust him?

Dr. James Eitner

In brief: Yes, But...

Yes, but i would still recommend that you suggest that you both go down to your local clinic and both be tested together before you become intimate.
Either of you could have an infection and not know it. The experience may provide you with a great deal of information regarding your relationship.

In brief: Yes, But...

Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. Anna Flor Salcedo

In brief: Maybe

As i tell my patients, nobody can protect yourself more than you, so if both of you have been sexually active in the past, then i suggest both parties be tested and always use a barrier/ condom even if you are using other means of birth control.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Anna Flor Salcedo
Dr. Anna Flor Salcedo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela