Cosmetic dentistry & dental implant. Done by same dentists?

Could be. We like to think that all dentists are cosmetic dentists! cosmetic dentistry is not a speciality. Though some general dentists may place and restore dental implants, dental implants are often placed by specialists such as oral surgeons and periodontists. The general dentists or prosthodontist then places the crown on top of the implant.
Cosmetic dentistry . Often a well trained dentist can both place and restore dental implants and provide quality cosmetic services. Schedule a consultation and ask for before and after pictures and about training and experience.
Qualified? Every dentist has different training after dental school, experience, and personal preferences as to what they feel confident doing and prefer to do in their own offices. Some dentists do every thing you mentioned while others do not. Some patients prefer to go to specialists while others like to use the same dentist for everything. Find the dentist(s) that meet your needs.
Possible. Depends on the skill level of the doctor. Some offices advocate that a surgeon places the dental implant and a cosmetic dentist places the crown. Some doctors may perform the entire procedure. Ask the doctor placing the implant and or restoring the implant, how many procedures they have done and to see before and after photos of patients that they treated.
Qualifications. Be sure you request before and after photos of actual patients of similar dental treatment you are desiring. General practitioners (cosmeticly trained) can be great implantologists. They are very concerned with the final aesthetic result and will position implants knowing they can achieve an excellent cosmetic outcome. Be sure to do your research though.
Better off if not. to get first class treatment you should have a specialist such as a periodontist or oral surgeon place the implants as it is a very demanding procedure They are the ones making surgical decisions. Since they do it all the time they can make the procedure go easily and placing implants are done without pain Your dentist is the one to make the tooth or teeth and provide you with a good cosmetic res.
Sometimes or a team. Sometimes by one and sometimes by a team. It depends on training, an individual dentist's interests and complexity of the overall treatment plan. .
Sometimes. A general dentist with training in implant placement and in cosmetic dentistry can certainly do both. However, if you case involves full mouth reconstruction in which the upper and lower arches are being restored at the same time, a specialist is more likely the choice you are looking for. This type of restorations is very complex and you should ask the dentist for his training before treatment.
Sometimes. The most important issue is proper case planning. If done as a team approach, the restoring doctor should provide the surgeon with a guide so the implant is precisely placed. It can be helpful if the dentist is present during the surgery. Effective communication is the key to successful outcomes.
Absolutely! Before the dental implant is placed in your jaw, a general (restorative) dentist needs to evaluate you first. Years past, I occasionally received patients with a dental implant placed in poor position, which often could not be restored ideally. These ultimately failed! Therefore, I often place and restore implants as I know exactly where I want to place them and restore them.
No Ptoblem. A general dentist can do all facets of dentistry. She/he can place the implants in the proper places to maximize the esthetic of the restorations.
We have a team. Any dentist can choose to do it all, but my personal belief is practice makes perfect. My periodontal surgeon has great hands and does immaculate surgery. He places the implants and i restore them. We both see the patient, discuss the case and make our plan. Our patient gets the best care possible. We are committed to excellence above all.
Cosmetic Implants. Yes, many dentists have advanced training in both cosmetic and implant dentistry. Those who do get credentials in these areas. Thouhg not a recognized specialty yet, the american academy of implant dentistry, and the international college of implant dentistry are just two that provide this. In europe most dds have implant and cosmetic training and credentials. Ask yours.
Sometimes it can be. Cosmetic dentistry is not a specialty nor is the placement of implants. Many implants are placed by oral surgeons as well as periodontists in addition to general dentists. It really depends on the level of experience of the restoring dentist who is chosen to put in the implant.
Depends. There is no restriction on who can do either one. If you are seeking the optimal treatment, you will usually do best by going to those dentists who do this every day and have lots of experience. Neither cosmetic nor implant dentistry is a specialty, so there are no "specialists" , per se. However, there are specialists in oral surgery, periodontics and prosthodontics, with extensive training.
Sometimes. It all depends on the dentist's training, experience, and comfort level, as well as the complexity of your specific case. Many cosmetic dentists place and restore implants all the time. Some never do and instead refer you to an oral surgeon or periodontist. Some place implants in simple cases, but refer if it's more complex or difficult. All of these approaches are fine & work well. Just depends.
They can be. If the cosmetic dentist is proficient in dental implants and feels capable of delivering high quality surgical implants to his patients, then he could certainly do both!
Cosmetic dentistry. They can be. Cosmetic dentists are general dentists that just advertise cosmetic dentistry. Just make sure to choose a dentist that has a lot of experience in the procedures you need. Some dentists have experience in all these aspects of dentistry. Make sure to ask the right questions like how many implants have your done? Ask for real photos of actual completed cosmetic cases?
Can be. . Yes, definitely can be done by same dentist. They must be trained and comfortable doing the procedures, but yes, can be same dentist if they offer those services.
Sure. Cosmetic dentistry is a term used by everyone nowadays. All dentistry is essentially 'cosmetic'. Dental implants can be a much more complicated subject depending on whether or not bone grafting is needed, type of prosthesis, etc. I would recommend a prosthodontist. They are specialists in cosmetic, reconstructive, and implant dentistry. Keep smiling !
Yes. Yes, all dentists are capable of doing cosmetic dentistry the difference between cosmetic and corrective dentistry is that in cosmetic the reason is purely for cosmetic. And all type of dentistry including dental implants can be done very cosmetically.
Training & Experienc. Choose a dental practictioner who: 1. Can evaluation ct scan of area to determine anatomical landmarks to avoid complications. 2. Has training in surgical placement of implants including bone and tissue grafting. 3. Has track record of successful integration of implants. Ask questions before moving forward. Cosmetic dentist is not an accredited speciality.
Possibly. Possibly, in addition to the answers provided before, cosmetic dental implants require exceptional skill and knowledge. Placing a dental implant in the front of the mouth requires special training and is a completely different animal when compared to placing an implant in the posterior region of the mouth.