I have a dry cough with chest congestion and wheezing...Sometimes when i cough i cough mucus. What can I do or take to help my congestion /wheezing?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: M.D. visit/albuterol

If there is wheezing, a bronchodilator is indicated and your physician can follow up to re evaluate.
Viral illnesses are common triggers of wheezing.

In brief: M.D. visit/albuterol

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Treat wheezing

Cough can induce wheezing but like anything in an enclosed system when there are spasms of the airways, this may also come out as cough with wheezing.
See your doctor and treat the wheezing and inflammation, make sure you have a diagnosis. You can take a mucolytic or expectorant to make the coughing easier, but treat the wheezing, foremost.

In brief: Treat wheezing

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
If there is wheezing, a bronchodilator is indicated and your physician can follow up to re evaluate. Viral illnesses are common triggers of wheezing.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology