How do I get rid of my scars on my shin?

Dr. Lara Devgan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Time

Scars mature and can continue to improve for up to a year. They are sun-sensitive and may become hyperpigmented with sun exposure.
The best way to treat a scar depends on the scar. Options include silicone gel, silicone sheeting, use of filler (for spot or crater-like scars), laser therapy, hydroquinone, dermabrasion, or kenalog (triamcinolone) injection, or surgical scar revision. See your plastic surgeon.

In brief: Time

Dr. Lara Devgan
Dr. Lara Devgan
Dr. Ram Kalus
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends.

There are three reasons a scar might be noticeable: 1.
Thinner or thicker skin quality than surrounding skin, 2. Color differences as in darker, lighter, or pinker, 3. Skin edge misalignment causing a shadow. It is best to have a board certified plastic surgeon evaluate your scars to determine what is the best treatment option to improve your scars.

In brief: It depends.

Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Ram Kalus