I have a red bumpy itchy rash on my scrotum. Been treating it for jock itch for 4 days, now I have blood blisters there. Any ideas on what this is?

In brief: See answer

A yeast (candida) or fungal infection is likely the most common cause of a reddened, itchy scrotum which should respond to keeping it clean, dry and an antifungal cream. A contact dermatitis which is an irritation from an allergen is also common and may be from: changes in clothing material, soap, fabric softener, or any chemical.
Responds best to steroid cream. Scabies infection also can cause.

In brief: See answer

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: See your doctor

Your doctor should examine you and diagnose the problem. Itchiness could be caused by some type of allergic reaction, irritation, or an infection of some type.
You might be getting blisters from scratching if it's that itchy. You might be scratching at night and not know it. Good luck.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine