How do I get my new glasses covered by insurance?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Vision insurance.

Most vision insurance is separate from health insurance policies.
This covers glasses, eye exams, etc. You will need to call your vision carrier - they have their own certain ways for you to get reimbursed for your glasses purchase. And usually the only cover part of the glasses' full cost. Good luck.

In brief: Vision insurance.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

Most insurance plans do not cover eyeglasses and many do not even cover the examination to measure them. Check with your plan to see which category you fall into.
Eyeglass coverage is generally an add on to a conventional plan and costs more. Some business plans may cover these items (known as optical coverage). You ophthalmologist may know the answer to this for standard plans.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Seres