What you think of my prognosis if my labs are like this tsh0.025 frm 0.013 nd ft3 4.82 frm 6.10 after taking methimazole for 21dys but im on ptu (propylthiouracil) now?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Getting better

It takes many weeks (typically 6 weeks) for Methimazole or ptu (propylthiouracil) to bring thyroid levels down to normal.
The TSH will remain low even after your thyroid level is normal, because it takes time for the pituitary gland to recover from the high levels. At this time, just follow the thyroid level and remain on medication.

In brief: Getting better

Dr. Arnon Rubin