I'm a smoker..Can I have esopheogal cancer?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Yes, can be likely.

Smoking is a major risk factor for squamous esophageal cancer.
Alcohol use is another major risk factor, and the combination with smoking is synergistic, or greater than the sum risk for both.

In brief: Yes, can be likely.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. David Hoffman
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Absolutely

Tobacco smoking is one of the most important risk factors for upper esophagus cancers, also known as squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus.
It is also the most preventable cause of lung cancer. I strongly urge you to abstain from tobacco smoking.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology

In brief: TOB and esophageal

If you are asking you must be having some symptoms.
Smoking does increase the risk of throat and esphageal cancer as does drinking.Tobacco in multiple forms can be linked with all different kinds of cancer. But long and short, if you are having problems please seek help early rather than later.

In brief: TOB and esophageal

Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Kris Gast