What causes bad smell in exhaling? I've no bad breath but been told breathing out through the nose smell bad.

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: Sinusitis

If breathing out of the nose smell bad then you may suffer from sinusitis.
Chronic use of nose spray also cause chronic sinus inflammation. Treat the cause, not the symptom. Go to your ENT to see a definitive diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Sinusitis

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Neil McLeod
WE are severely limited at first writing to provide an complete all encompassing answer, and Dr Dinh Bui has addressed a very likely scenario. as I stated " past the opening of the sinuses and out through the mouth and nose can be tainted by any infected process"
Dr. Neil McLeod
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Breath that sickens

Breath passing out from the lungs through the back of the throat (oro pharynx) past the opening of the sinuses and out through the mouth and nose can be tainted by any infected process or metabolic disorder. Other peoples' noses are very good at determining if something is out of the ordinary.
Have this checked out. By products of bodily disorders are carried in the blood to the lungs.

In brief: Breath that sickens

Dr. Neil McLeod
Dr. Neil McLeod
Dr. Neil McLeod
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology