My baby is having seizures in the nicu, is that epilepsy?

It may or may not be. It depends on if there is another cause of the seizures, like low blood sugar or other metabolic problems. The neonatologist can tell you what is causing the seizures. I hope your baby improves soon!
Workup and mgt. I agree that the underlying cause of the seizures guides the treatment and whether there is a future problem. The workup typically will include investigations to detect infection, metabolic and structural changes affecting the nervous system. If there is low oxygen tension from premature lung disease or congenital heart disease this also may lead to neonatal seizures. I hope that the baby is well.