Am i on my period or pregnancy spotting? I'm sexually active, im 8 days late & i just started bleeding. I took a at home pregnancy test and it was neg

Dr. Timothy Raichle

In brief: Negative pregnancy

If you are late for your period and the test is negative, then I do not think that you are pregnant.
If you are not on birth control, then you need to get on it soon so that this is not a constant worry. The most likely cause of irregular periods is related to irregularity in terms of when you ovulate. This is common in young women such as yourself.

In brief: Negative pregnancy

Dr. Timothy Raichle
Dr. Timothy Raichle
Dr. Karen Jones

In brief: Likely period

By 8 days late a pregnancy test very likely would be positive if you were pregnant.
So good chance that the spotting is the beginning of your period. Sometimes normal variation or stress can cause a period to be late. Are you doing something to prevent pregnancy? If you're not ready for pregnancy do something to prevent.

In brief: Likely period

Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. Jane Van Dis