.I have 17 mm thick endometrial. Is this cancer?

Dr. Ester Kwok
In brief: Depends
Depending on when in your menstrual cycle the pelvic ultrasound was done, a 17 mm endometrium may or may not imply a serious issue, but it does warrant further investigation such as repeat ultrasound ( if one was done right before the period) or possible endometrial biopsy, if original ultrasound was done right after the cycle.
Talk to your gynecologist.

In brief: Depends
Talk to your gynecologist.
Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Thick uterine lining
So you have had as us and the lining is thick.
In order to determine if this is just a normal growth or cancer a sample of the lining will need to be taken, like a d&c. The pathologist will than look under the microscope and see if the cells are abnormal. Cancer cannot be diagnosed by x-ray the first time...You have to have tissue.

In brief: Thick uterine lining
Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Amr Azim
It is also related to your age and medical history
Pathology
In brief: Maybe
If it is uniform, I am betting on a premalignant hyperplasia, but you want to have it sampled and sent to a pathologist.
These can be tricky; see if you can get two of us to read it. I'm pleased that you did not say anything about invasion being detectable -- that's a good thing.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham