I have had pain in my back right bottom tooth but it had a root canal. I grind there so is it sore root?

In brief: Could be fractured
You don't say if the back tooth has had a crown on it, but after root canals, molars can break if you grind on them. Dentists put crowns on these teeth to protect them from fracture after root canals.
Get this checked by your dentist - a fractured root hurts in the jaw bone, not in the middle of the tooth.

In brief: Could be fractured
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry
In brief: It could
Teeth like any other part of our body can bruise and get sore after an injury.
I would blame on grinding if the pain is mostly in the morning or after chewing hard food. Now, if the pain is spontaneous and/or lingers it could be a reinfection or a fracture causing infection.

In brief: It could
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: See dentist
Go back and see the dentist who did the root canal.
You may need further adjustments.

In brief: See dentist
You may need further adjustments.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Andrea Brand