Xanax was prescribed to me to use when needed? I take a antidepressant, paxil (paroxetine). Both were miracle drugs and solved about all depression/anxietyissues

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Not sure of question

Depression/anxiety often go together.Several medications can be used as part of treatment of both problems.
Paxil (paroxetine) is a good choice for both problems. Xanax can be appropriate for short term use at low doses for anxiety.However it can easily create tolerance and dependence, so dosing amount and frequency is critical to know.Also, it is important to also use nondrug treatments to manage these issues.

In brief: Not sure of question

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Hashmat Rajput

In brief: COMMENT

You just made your observation known.
Any question?. Great, if the combination worked for your anxiety and depression. Please be aware that combination may increase drowsiness, dizziness and impaired thinking and judgment.

In brief: COMMENT

You just made your observation known.
Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Dr. Hashmat Rajput

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

Is often prescribed on a "prn" as needed basis.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Congratulations

I'm glad you're feeling better. Was there a question you wanted us to address?

In brief: Congratulations

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman