I can't stop my childs coughing. Help!?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Whooping cough

Please have your child tested for whooping cough (pertussis) by his doctor. If there is a high suspicion of the disease, he can be treated with Azithromycin to prevent its spread.
The cough, however, may continue for additional weeks or months. Pertussis is highly contagious and is spread through air droplets from the cough. If the test is positive, all family members should be treated.

In brief: Whooping cough

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: How long?

If your post nasal drip cough and congestion therapies are not working (most include your over the counter cold/cough products, soups/fluids, steamy baths, upright postioning, saline spray in nose), go see your pediatrician to ascertain if a deeper cough or wheeze is present for treatment.

In brief: How long?

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Shontae Buffington