My dentist was really rough and rude last time. He also overcharged. After 20 years, should I move on?

Talk it out. I never like to hear that a patient was rudely treated and rough is never appropriate. That being said, 20 years is a long relationship! doctors are human and it would be kind if you called your doctor and requested a meeting to discuss what happened and how you felt. Hopefully it was just a bad day and your doctor will appreciate you wanting to restore your formerly good relationship. Good luck!
Definitely. Every health professional must treat their patients with respect. It is an honor providing services to alleviate disease. Better yet advice that prevents it. Having a gentle touch usually means thoughtful consideration of your experience while a dental procedure is being performed. It is the patient's responsibility provide accurate information, keep appointments, and pay for explained fees.