I'm going to college in two years and I have adhd. Should i see a psychiatrist when i start college cognitive behavior therapy or something?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Now is the time to

Get neuropsychological testing to validate the diagnosis of adhd, both to obtain accommodations for sat's ; act's ; to request student services under the americans with disabilities act from colleges ; universities to which you apply.
Testing within 3 years of admission is required to receive medical ; psychological care through the student health clinic ; supports for academics ; daily living.

In brief: Now is the time to

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Join CHADD.org for helpful information like that in this article: http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/928.html
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Medication is best

For treating adhd.
Most of the time you do not need a psychiatrist for treatment you should be able to see a primary care physician (pcp). Most pcps are very familiar with treating college age individuals with adhd. I think it is great that you are going to college. Good luck and keep up the good work.

In brief: Medication is best

For treating adhd.
Dr. Eric Weisman