I have chronic tonsillitis and possibly oral HPV -16(performed oral sex) will it turn tonsil cancer in the future?My pap smear is normal

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: HPV

That is a possibility.
You might want to get the vaccine which may help limit the extent of infection and reduce the risks of developing malignancy.

In brief: HPV

That is a possibility.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Unlikely

Cancer is a rare event even if you have hpv infection.
Most of hpv infections are transient and the immune system eradicates them if you adopt a healthy life style like : no smoking, minimal or no alcohol, eat healthy(low fat diet, plant based) and exercise(avoid overweight) daily if possible.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham