I have a sharp pain under my left breast into top of my rib cage and it stays very tender?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Rib cage

Sharp pain increased by a deep breath and with associated tenderness may come from a rib or a pinched nerve that is between the ribs.
It wouldn't be from the lung if the area is tender to touch. Have your physician examine the area if the discomfort persists and an x_ray may be ordered.

In brief: Rib cage

Dr. Hashmat Rajput

In brief: Chest pain

Please make sure there is no rash of intertriginous infection or shingle.
Have rib cage x-ray to see rib fx.Heart condition needs evaluation. It may be just musculoskeletal pain. You also need mammogram. Please see your doctor for exam and diagnostic tests. Thanks.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Adam Levy