Is a rapid heart rate one of the main symptoms of congestive heart failure?

Can be. Rapid heart rate is definitely one of the constellation of symptoms of untreated heart failure. As the heart weakens, the only mechanism for it to maintain its output is to increase the rate, the feedback mechanisms in the body which dictate more cardiac output lead to the increased heart rate.
Yes. A fast heart rate suggest decompensation and usually suggest either a low cardiac output ot high systemic resistance. A rapid heart rate can also signify high adrenergic state due to respiratory compromise.
Possibly. It may indicate the presence of congestive hert failure. However, fast heart beat may lead to congestive heart failure itself, by not giving heart eniugh time to pump sufficient blood and making heart muscles tired and weak by overworking them. Fast heart beat must be evaluated by a physician to determine the cause and treatment if necessary.