Is the treatment for pregnancy gingivitis different than for nonpregnant gingivitis?

Yes. Due to the large changes in hormones during pregnancy, gingivitis is not thought of as a constant but is watched for undo changes. Proper hygiene should be maintained in both conditions, or achieved for constancy in expected results. In a more stable condition outside of pregnancy, hopefully before pregnancy, a good hygiene should have already been established to know that maintenance is present.
NO. Co-enzyme q 10 deficiency causes gingivitis and indicates normal metabolic decline in old people. This is because this substance is known to be a "conditional nutrient". It is synthesized in the body by younger people and it is abundantly clear that poor diet is responsible in pregnancy. A supplement of coq10 will clear your gingivitis, but look at your diet!