I had a hida scan done result ejection fraction of 35% I am diabetic pain is worse since test and blood sugars are high is this normal?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Borderline result

35% gb ejection fraction in most labs is borderline normal.
Your physician has to consider gb ejection fraction along with symptoms of biliary colic for proper therapy.Ingestion of food prior to study does affect result. Being diabetic I do not know how many hours fasting prior to test. Usually 6-8 hours.

In brief: Borderline result

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: HIDA

Cck administration for calculation of gallbladder ejection fraction can cause abdominal pain and cramping when administered.
In addition, stressful situations can adversely affect your glucose levels. Gallbladder ejection fraction of 35% is borderline low and could be causing your abdominal symptoms. Many places use 35% as the cutoff for normal gallbladder ejection fraction.

In brief: HIDA

Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery