How long does a tibial stress fracture take to heal &without pain. I have a knee brace that I am suppose to wear full time. Hurt it ~6 weeks ago?

Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies greatly

Time for healing a tib stress fx can be as little as 1-2 months, but I have had pts that are still incompletely healed at 6 months.

In brief: Varies greatly

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It most likely takes

About 12 weeks at least.
Once it has healed, the pain should disappear as well. Sometimes they take longer. Talk to your surgeon who is treating you as he has the benefit of examining you and having the xrays to confirm that healing is progressing or not.

In brief: It most likely takes

About 12 weeks at least.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine