Please how can I estimate the length of my ovulation? When do I start counting? And what are the symptoms of ovulation? Thanks!

Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: Ovulation

Ovulation occurs approximately 14 days after the first day of your period, and lasts about 1-2 days.
Symptoms of ovulation include a mild pain on one side in the lower pelvis, a slight increase in basal body temperature, stretchiness of the cervical mucous, and an "lh surge" on an ovulation predictor home test system.

In brief: Ovulation

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun
I agree with this calculation when there is a 28 day period. If you have a longer or shorter menstrual cycle - may wish to count 14 days prior to the next anticipated period.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham