Went to dr for "foot drop" issue. Dr suspects tmd. Emg lle asap appt pending. What else will they do? How bad is tmd diagnoses? What else could it be?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: TMD- "foot drop" ?

Are you are referring to tmd (temporomandibular dysfunction) that is related to your tmjoints (jaw joints)? Am i understanding this correctly? I have never heard nor do I see how this can be related in any way to foot drop.

In brief: TMD- "foot drop" ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

I would not jump to conclusions, there are a number of things that can cause foot drop including pressure on the nerve in the back or even around the fibular head.
The nerve test will be very helpful to determine the diagnosis.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: 2 unrelated issues

Once a diagnosis of TMD has been made, effective management of TMD - TMJ involves 4 specific strategies: 1) patient education, 2) nonpharmacological management, 3) pharmacological management, 4) surgical management.
See an orofacial pain specialist for evaluation, diagnosis and professional management.

In brief: 2 unrelated issues

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Edward Hellman
I think the good doctor got tmd mixed up with tmj. Obviously tmj syndrome would not cause foot drop.