Dr happy with alendronate 70mg & ca -d supplement for severe osteopenia (t-2.3) in spine. Would strontium citrate supplement be helpful too?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Strontium

To my knowledge strontium (ranelate not citrate) is not an approved osteoporosis drug in the usa.
Alendronate is a good and safe drug. What matters is how you take it - with water not food - and how long you have been taking it. Standard procedure is to check your t-score every 2 years and many of us recommend stopping therapy if consecutive results show no change.

In brief: Strontium

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Steven Seres