Having fatigue for 2 mo, blood results: tshreflex 3.99(0.35-4.94), t3free3.66(2.77-5.27), t4free1.01(0.7-1.48) told to start synthyroid. Opinion?

Dr. Karen Jones

In brief: An option

It sounds like you are having fatigue, and the thyroid tests are normal, though the TSH is 3.
99, which is at the higher end of normal. Some doctors say that the optimal TSH level is 1-2, and when the TSH is higher than that and there are low thyroid symptoms, then the person may have subclinical low thyroid. I have treated some of my patients like this with low dose thyroid to see if it helped.

In brief: An option

Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. Peter Kurzweil