Had root canal filling nearly 12 mth ago. Now have an abscess under tooth. Face swollen etc and now neck seems to be too.Taking amoxicillin on day?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Do not fool around with this yourself.
An abscess needs draining and you should be seen as soon as possible by a dentist or oral surgeon and have this treated professionally. Good luck.

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Do not fool around with this yourself.

In brief: Compare x-rays

I would want the dentist/endodontist to compare x-rays then and now to provide a more definitive answer. Sometimes the lesion can be healing granulating tissue.
A lot depends on if you have symptoms too- swelling, bump on tissue, pain upon eating, temp sensitivity.

In brief: Compare x-rays

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Infection

You need to see your dentist.
The abscess at roots end has not healed and you need to have it addressed.

In brief: Infection

You need to see your dentist.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine