For 4 days i've had a sharp "cramp" in the center of my pelvic area. Followed by very mucousy diarrhea. Today my stool is tar black with pain still?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: ?colitis

Black, tarry stools, unless due to taking peptobismol, usually indicates bleeding from the upper GI tract(gastritis, peptic ulcer).
Discomfort in the pelvic area however suggests lower intestinal problems. Viral gastroenteritis shouldn't cause GI bleeding. Bleeding usually causes weakness. See your md for diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: ?colitis

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See a GI doctor ASAP

It sounds as if you have a focus of bleeding in your GI tract and this needs to be examined, diagnosed and managed quickly before it becomes potentially life-threatening.
Please go urgently and be taken care of.

In brief: See a GI doctor ASAP

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Peter Kurzweil