I have been using nicotine patch and have noticed that I am more focuses and alert, what are the benefits of nicotine and do they out way the con's?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Quit ASAP

A though you feel relaxed, within your body, your heart is actually working harder to pump blood for oxygen intake.
Leading 2 strain on the heart which in tome can cause heart attack or stroke. It is also a vasoconstrictor causing the blood vessels to constrict, which also increases risk of heart attack. It can lead 2 lung damage and copd. The advantages are very short lived. Quit asap.

In brief: Quit ASAP

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology