What are the steps to become a pathologist, if i'm currently in college?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Many.

First, you would most likely, get an M.D.
Or D.O. Degree. Then you would have to do a pathology residency. After that, a credential year satisfied by a specialty fellowship, and passing your pathology boards would need to be done, and a medical license in at least one state would be required before you are allowed to take the boards.

In brief: Many.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
And congratulations on your thinking of this wonderful specialty. Although we deal with the most terrible things in human experience, the typical pathologist's job satisfaction is very high. Scientist, scholar, humanitarian, problem-solver, "doctor's doctor"... and I especially enjoy the friendships with police officers. Follow your dream.
Dr. Marilda Chung
Pathology

In brief: Pathologist

A Pathologist is an M.D.
So you need to take all the pre-med requirements, apply and go to medical school. After that, you apply and finish a residency training in Pathology. ( if you are referring to Speech Pathology - this does not require MD, it is entirely different certification, but I am not familiar with the requirements).

In brief: Pathologist

A Pathologist is an M.D.
Dr. Marilda Chung
Dr. Marilda Chung

In brief: 4

1) get into medical school and complete it (4 years); obtain medical license.
2) get into pathology residency and complete training (4 years) 3) pass pathology (anatomic and clinical) boards (eligible at the end of training) 4) if you develop a specific interest at that time, you could do a fellowship or additional training to get a subspecialty board certificate. You can work as a pathologist now.

In brief: 4

Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson