10 weeks ago i had a left total knee replacement and now I have a dull, achy pain in my left hip and left foot ankle. What could this be?

Dr. Scott Hacker
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Expected pain

The postop course after a knee replacement is challenging ! pain can often be up and down the entire leg.
A rare but real concern can be that of a blood clot which can occur for up to 6 weeks out. Any such concerns should be conveyed to your treating surgeon asap. Let me or her know and get direction in what to do next !

In brief: Expected pain

Dr. Scott Hacker
Dr. Scott Hacker
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

Many potential causes, but i would certainly let your surgeon know.
It could be as simple as the altered gait you have had in your recovery could have aggravated your hip and ankle. But it could also be early signs of a blood clot or infection. Again, let you surgeon know and he can take a look. Thank you.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Jack Hinkle