I have an hernia to the left side of my scrotum, when lifting at work it has started to get realy painful expecially at night. What should I do?

In brief: Surgical Repair

An inguinal hernia in a young person, especially when causing symptoms, needs to be repaired surgically: inguinal herniorrhaphy.
The risks of any hernia are incarceration or strangulation of the contents of a hernia which is usually a segment of your small bowel which is an emergency situation. Best to have hernia repaired before this type of problem occurs. Recommend see a general surgeon soon.

In brief: Surgical Repair

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery