Can a partial denture be clasped to one of my porcelain teeth?

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Yes but...
The clasp may create gray scratches on the porcelain.
I would do this with caution.

In brief: Yes but...
I would do this with caution.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Zahid Ahmed
It also may cause porcelain fracture by putting various forces on the tooth. Be careful.
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dentistry
In brief: Yes with caution
Partial denture clasps can be active or passive.
I suggest pick a passive clasp if the crown is all porcelain, with no metal base. Also, the clasp rest on the porcelain crown would be best left off the porcelain. Porcelain fused to metal crowns provide better solutions for longevity of the porcelain under the clasp. Consult your dentist if you have questions.

In brief: Yes with caution
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics
In brief: Probably
Normally , yes.
The crown may need reshaping to create the desired contours and rest seats. If they cannot be achieved, then the crown might need to be replaced with a crown that has the proper contours built into it. We do this all the time.

In brief: Probably
Normally , yes.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dentistry
This is common and should not present any problems.
Sometimes porcelain crowns are made specifically to support a partial denture clasp.

Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dr. Steven Seres