12 months ago i noticed a very small lump or raise in the tibia bone. I was concerned and got an x-ray. This showed nothing. Now it has doubled size?

In brief: X-rays, MRI

I would repeat the x-rays to start with and consider an MRI or ct scan to further work this up.
There are benign bone tumors that aren't harmful as well as ones to be concerned about. There are also a lot of soft tissue tumors (again many totally benign). X-rays are a good first step, but if nothing is seen on x-ray, you should consider an MRI to look at the soft tissue.

In brief: X-rays, MRI

Dr. Kristine Nemes
Dr. Kristine Nemes
Dr. Jack Hinkle