I had second-degree lacerations no episiotomy during my child's birth. It's been 6mths since then & I have discomfort during sex? Is this normal

Dr. Paul Daum

In brief: Breast feeding?

Pain from vaginal tears should have cleared by now but estrogen deficiency while breast feeding can decrease lubrication and elasticity of the vagina which you can treat by returning some vaginal estrogen cream, if the tear didn't heal properly sometimes a revision under local may be needed to help.
With kids occupying you mind sometimes it's hard to get fully aroused. Sometimes the mood is a key.

In brief: Breast feeding?

Dr. Paul Daum
Dr. Paul Daum
Dr. Jonathan Jassey