After flexor tendon surgery on 1/21, muscle spasms on 2 of the fingers. Afraid of ripping the repair, should I use heatpad to stop the spams?

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Call your MD

I assume u had flexor tendon repair following a laceration to your hand( most common).
Ice, elevation is important first24-48 hrs; and elevation of the hand really the first week.U likely are in a splint for comfort and to protect repair.If you're spasms continue call your md ... Splint should protect the repair but he may advise a muscle relaxant and to be seen. Best of luck!

In brief: Call your MD

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin