In so much pain from severe colitis, menstrual cramps, lower back pain & it is off the charts. None of my doctors will give me anything for pain. Why?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Pain

Pelvic pain is complex as there are several organs in the pelvis.
The ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, bladder, appendix, intestines, colon and rectum can all be the source. Pelvic pain requires and examination to help organize the evaluation. If you are asking why they wont give you pain medication we can not guess at the motivation of your docs. Ask them to clarify the care plan.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Vikram Patel