How many glasses of water a day should I drink if renal failure?

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Water Restriction

That is a hard question to answer. If you have the kind of renal failure where you kidneys make a whole bunch of urine then you should at least drink the same volume of water every day that you are losing plus some.
If your kidneys are not making very much urine, or no urine at all, you should be water restricted. This is a question that can only be answered accurately by your kidney doctor.

In brief: Water Restriction

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Nephrologist

Yours is a much more severe question.
Your answer needs to come from your internist. I am not sure what your blood pressure status is or your cardiac. Sorry.

In brief: Nephrologist

Yours is a much more severe question.
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Steven Seres